Tuesday 24 January 2017

I am the mum

Happy Tuesday :)
 

When you catch a glimpse of me
what kind of mum do you see?
A brief encounter, a moment in time
a two second glance, with that I'm defined.

Am I the mum you think you'll be
or am I the mum you hate to see.
Am I like you when your kids were young
or are you thinking that's not what you would have done.
 
I am the mum who sets the rules and makes her kids behave
I am the mum who turns a blind eye when it's just been one of those days
I am the mum who loses her cool then regrets it later on
I am the mum who is calm and collected, nothing can go wrong
I am the mum who plays and fusses, giving attention to her son's
I am the mum who has no time and isn't so much fun
I am the mum who simply wants to lose a little weight
I am the mum who loves her food and always clears her plate
I am the mum who takes her time to look her very best
I am the mum who at noon in PJ's thinks, "oops we better get dressed"
I am the mum who feels lucky to be blessed with a wonderful life
I am the mum who wants to be more than just a mother and wife
I am the mum who lovingly serves up delicious home cooked food
I am the mum who on occasions thinks 'bugger it, chicken nuggets will do'
I am the mum who worries about what the future holds
I am the mum who lives for the moment and waits for life to unfold
I am the mum who wants time out without the little ones
I am the mum that misses their faces as soon as they're gone
I am the mum who organises, makes plans and is on time
I am the mum who thinks fuck it and drinks far too much wine


So, which mum did you see
because, you know they are all me.
But what solitarily moment were you there for
to make your decision in three seconds, or four.

I'm all the above, plus many more
it's really a lottery as to what mum you saw.

#don'tjudge #justamoment
 

No comments:

Post a Comment